November is National Gratitude Month!
November 16, 2021
Do you remember your parents telling you to be grateful for what you have? Well, being grateful goes beyond this. Gratitude is an emotional state, it is about focusing on the positive rather than the negative and enjoying the little things in life. And by focusing on the positive side of things, our health and well-being can significantly improve.
There are 3 things you can absolutely control:
This month we’ll focus on your Gratitude.
Practicing gratitude daily brings many benefits to our physical and mental health:
- Stronger immune system.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Restful sleep.
- Less aches and illnesses.
- More happiness and optimism.
- More energy.
- Positive mental outlook.
- Ability to enjoy life more.
But how can you practice gratitude? Here are 5 ways to implement Gratitude practice into your life
- Keep a Gratitude Journal – Every day write down a list of people or things that you’re grateful for, it does not matter if you repeat the list every day.
- Wake up and express gratitude for three things – As soon as you wake up, try to think of three things you’re grateful for. This can give you a positive mindset to start your day.
- Show appreciation to others – be kind and let people around you know how much you appreciate them, including family, friends, and coworkers.
- Say “Please” and “Thank you” – use these words more often and with everyone around you. Showing kindness and respect will make people treat you the same way, let’s create a cycle of kindness!
- Take a moment throughout the day to recognize the beauty around you.