National Nutrition Month
March 7, 2023
This month our focus is to educate our employees on making healthier food choices and developing healthy eating habits. Here are a few simple steps and tips to begin to make healthier changes in your daily lifestyle.
- Try Cooking from Scratch– One simple change you can make is to cook more meals at home. Cooking at home allows you to control the ingredients that go into your food, and it can be a fun activity to do with family or friends.
- Incorporate Vitamins into Your Diet- One of the easiest and simplest ways to make sure your body receives the key daily nutrients it needs to function is to supplement vitamins into your diet alongside healthy eating and exercise.
- Increase Your Water Intake- Despite how important it is to stay hydrated, there are many things that keep us from drinking enough water. To break this habit here are some things you might try. For every cup of coffee drink one glass of water. Add lots of ice to your drinks or smoothies. Lastly, invest in a smart water bottle.
- Add More Fruits and Veggies- Try making half of your plate fruits and veggies. Focus on whole fruits and vary the type of veggies you incorporate! You can have fresh, frozen, or canned options, all will give you the same health benefits!
- The Benefit of Meal Planning- Meal prepping is simply preparing your meals ahead of time, which can be extremely beneficial to those leading busier lifestyles. This saves time, allows you to control portion sizes (which can also directly result in saving money per portion), and can become an effective way to develop a routine of healthy eating.
RECIPES TO GET YOU STARTED:
- 20 Recipes to Kick Off Nutrition Month | Cook for Your Life
- 20 Recipes for National Nutrition Month (schnucks.com)
NUTRITIONAL/ WELLNESS INFLUENCERS TO FOLLOW:
- Hazel Wallace, BSc , MBBCh – The Food Medic
- Dr. Joshua Wolrich, MBB, MRCS – Dr Joshua Wolrich
- May Zhu, MBA, RDN – Nutrition Happens
- Dr. Mark Hyman, MD
RECOMMENDED DAILY VITAMINS:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Folic Acid
- National nutrition month 2023: Everything you need to know about March