How to Become More Organized in 2022
January 14, 2022
Creating organizational habits allows you to have more control over a daily routine and motivates you to get things done. You do not need to be organized all the time but having a certain level of organization could help you optimize your lifestyle. Make this the year to focus on becoming more productive at work or home.
Here are eight simple tips on how you can become more organized:
Have a Morning Routine
- Wake up every day at the same time, make your bed, drink a glass of water, move your body, and have a healthy breakfast. These are a few things you can do to improve productivity and begin the day on the right foot.
Make a To-Do list
- Write a list of four to five things you want to accomplish throughout the day. Keep it short and realistic. Writing it down increases the odds of actually doing them!
Use a Calendar or Planner
- It is normal to forget birthdays, meetings, and other important dates; put them down in your outlook calendars or planners! Also, use an app such as Notion or a planner to write down your daily routine to keep you accountable.
Do not Procrastinate
- Try to get things done as soon as possible, do not leave it for the last minute. Take time to prioritize your to-do’s. This includes regularly organizing your office and home instead of leaving them unorganized for lengthy periods.
- One of the best things you can do to keep your home and office organized is to get rid of any items you no longer need or use. Take some time once a quarter to remove clutter from your personal space. Check out this link with some useful decluttering tips.
Keeping Things in The Same Place
- If you are the type of person that constantly misplaces your keys or any other items, try to place them in the same place every time. It will help you always remember where to find them.
Prep the Night Before
- Do not rush in the morning before you get ready to go to work. Prepare your meals, outfits, and everything you need for the next day.
Know What Works for You
- The concept of being organized might be different for everyone. Try different approaches using the tips above to find what works best for you!