Honoring Women In The HVAC Industry During Women’s History Month
March 18, 2022
Did you know women only make up 2% of the HVAC labor force in North America? This number is incredibly low, but it shows that there is an opportunity for women to enter the industry and be allowed to show that women can do ANYTHING!
March is National Women’s History Month, and to make this month a little bit more special, we would like to take the time to honor women in the industry and our organization.
Here are six things you can do to honor women:
- Educate Yourself on Women’s Rights – read a book, or search the web to learn about the history of the women’s rights movement. Click the link for a complete timeline of Women’s Rights and historical events.
- Get Familiar with Current Women’s Issues in the Industry – tremendous progress has happened throughout the years for women in the workforce. However, women still face challenges and obstacles today, especially in a predominately male industry. Learn about these issues to see how you can help and continue to empower women.
- Support Women Already in the Industry – by supporting women who are already part of this industry, we could encourage other women to join and learn about the great opportunities of being part of the HVAC world.
- Read About Successful Women in the Industry – read about Alice H. Parker or Margaret Ingels’ contributions to the industry. There are so many successful stories from women in the industry that are truly inspirational.
- Write a Thank You Card – to a woman that you know in the industry/organization that you admire or has inspired you in any way.
- Visit the WHVACR Organization Site – you can learn more about women in all areas of the industry and see the variety of educational