Home Safety Tips You Can Do This Weekend
August 10, 2022
Here at Hunton, we strive to live safely at work and at home every day.
Check out these tips below
- Check your smoke alarm. This is home safety 101, replace them if they are old and get new batteries.
- Ensure medications, as well as supplements, are locked away.
- Install a smart doorbell. Home security options are ever-expanding. If you want to add a quick layer of protecting your home look at a video doorbell, here are some ideas.
- Install motion-activated lights. These lights can deter someone from coming onto your property or alert you when someone does so.
- Install a security system or security cameras. There are plenty of options outside of ADT and the other big companies for installing a security system.
- Install a carbon monoxide alarm. Carbon monoxide is a silent killer.
- Place a bar or piece of wood on the track of any sliding door.
- Do not hide a spare key under the welcome mat. There are many unique ways to properly hide a key as well as products that can assist you in smarter ways.
- Remove family stickers or other identifying information from cars. This information can be useful to someone who wants to burglarize a home.
- Do not allow mail to pile up when you’re away.
- Keep an emergency kit in the house. Here are some samples from Ready.gov.
- Invest in a generator. Generators can be a literal lifesaver when the power goes out for an extended period.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in your house.
- Have your water assessed. Do you know where your water comes from?
- Take a first aid and CPR class. Organizations like the Red Cross have training classes across the Houston area that can help prepare you.
- Have a plan. Have a plan and train your family on it when it comes to responding to an emergency.
Stay on top of the latest trends when it comes to personal safety. For a deeper dive visit: www.SafetyTalkIdeas.com