Become The Best Version of Yourself
June 1, 2022
Have you ever felt the need to improve certain aspects of your life? Do you feel that you are not living up to your full potential? Most people, at some point in their lives, ponder these questions and doubts. It is a normal and positive thing to wonder how you can maximize your personal growth because it could lead to discovering a completely new and improved version of yourself. Wanting to become the best version of yourself means stepping outside of your comfort zone and facing multiple challenges. With the right resources and patience, you can choose to make self-improvement a priority and live a more fulfilling lifestyle.
And remember, it takes time to evolve and see progress. Do not compare your process with others. Everyone has different paths. Be kind to yourself.
Here are a few resources and tips:
Stop the negative self-talk – talk to yourself using positive words. Remind yourself of your accomplishments, your worthiness, and that no matter the situation everything will be okay. This practice is the best way to stay positive and motivated.
Set achievable goals – for any area of your life, professionally or personally. What matters is to set realistic short-term goals that you want to achieve. Achieving these goals will help you build confidence and motivation to keep going.
Quit criticizing and judging others – talking negatively about others means assuming things about them without knowing their situation. Instead, try to put yourself in their shoes and empathize. This negative talk is also only bringing negative energy into your life.
Give yourself unconditional love – take care of yourself, do the things you enjoy the most, do not criticize yourself, accept your flaws, and be open to new opportunities.
Do not fear failure – stepping outside of your comfort zone will include failing, but do not let this fear hold you back because even the most successful people have failed at some point in their lives.
Best Books to Improve Your Mindset:
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book) by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Get Out of Your Own Way: Overcoming Self-Defeating Behavior by Mark Goulston
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
- Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World by Admiral William H. McRaven
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- Set Boundaries, Find Peace: A Guide to Reclaiming Yourself by Nedra Glover Tawwab
- Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- The Mountain Is You: Transforming Self-Sabotage into Self-Mastery by Brianna Wiest
- Good Vibes, Good Life: How Self-Love Is the Key to Unlocking Your Greatness by Vex King
- Stop Overthinking: 23 Techniques to Relieve Stress, Stop Negative Spirals, Declutter Your Mind, and Focus on the Present (The Path to Calm) by Nick Trenton
Top Podcast for Self-Discovery:
- On Purpose with Jay Shetty
- Project Love Podcast with Selina and Vicki
- The Science of Happiness with Dacher Keltner
- Super Soul with Oprah
- Kwik Brain with Jim Kwik
- The Joy of Procrastination with Dean Jackson and Dan Sullivan
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin
- Unlock Your Best Self with Rich Roll
- WorkLife with Adam Grant
- How to Be a Better Human with Chris Duffy